Midwest Diesel Connection

Go Back   Midwest Diesel Connection > Dodge/Cummins > Dodge/Cummins General Discussion

Dodge/Cummins General Discussion Everything that does not fit in a specific forum

Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 AM
is trying to figure it out

4BT for Nissan Titan

Anyone heard much about this? Guess I've been in the dark...

Update 2: Cummins, Feds Developing Four-Cylinder Diesel for Nissan Titan

A big red 1999 24v qclb; PRETTY SWEET!!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Superior Campers
SPONSOR

I read that yesterday, kind of sounds cool, but I don't know if that 2.8l would be a good match over a 3.9

Old 05-20-2011, 06:57 PM
MDC Owner / Administrator

I would love to see some manufacturer grow a pair to bring a diesel compact truck to market. It seems that every manufacturer is sitting on the fence waiting for the other to jump. I was hopeful that Mahindra would make it to market first. Not that I want an Indian-built truck, but it would spur domestic manufacturers to finally pony up and compete.

Midwest Diesel Connection Owner / Administrator
Old 05-20-2011, 10:29 PM

Agreed Chuck. The local Yota dealer told me that Toyota had everything lined up for a diesel. They even went to classes for the new diesel and when fuel prices went sky high last go around they dumped they idea. Not sure if it's true but I would love a Yota diesel. Those of you that have ridden in a newer Tundra know what I'm talking about.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95ram View Post
Agreed Chuck. The local Yota dealer told me that Toyota had everything lined up for a diesel. They even went to classes for the new diesel and when fuel prices went sky high last go around they dumped they idea. Not sure if it's true but I would love a Yota diesel. Those of you that have ridden in a newer Tundra know what I'm talking about.
The Tundras have weak frames and don't impress me. I'm also trying to move toward only owning domestic brands. I don't care if the Tundra is built here, the money goes to Japan. Besides anyone who had ridden in a new Tundra and then ridden in a 2010+ Ram will walk away from the 'Yota. I'd like to see the Ram 1500 get a V6 Cummins if they ever breathe life back into that idea.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Banquet Beer Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Diesel View Post
I'm also trying to move toward only owning domestic brands. I don't care if the Tundra is built here, the money goes to Japan.
So whats the difference if the money goes to Japan for US built toyotas or if the money goes to itally "FIAT" for a US built RAM? Either way the money is gone to another country.
I wouldn't discount a cummins powered Titan, they are a tough rig chassis wise but the body isn't the greatest for abusive situations. the cabs are large and comfy also. But for general everyday use I think it would be ok although as stated above probably a bit short in sizeengine wise. but the power #'s are not too bad though.

Last edited by Bill v-o; 05-21-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill v-o View Post
So whats the difference if the money goes to Japan for US built toyotas or if the money goes to itally "FIAT" for a US built RAM?
Yeah valid point. The whole Fiat thing escaped my memory. Ok a Cummins powered Titan would be a decent 1/2 ton. I'd rather have a Titan than a Tundra though. The Frontier is a tough little truck too.